Chuffers meeting tonight, but in the meantime I thought I would add an extra post.

I made a bit of a blunder a couple of weeks ago (I can't say c#ck up, as that is rather vulgar, and the god of blogging would probably censor it anyway) I meant to order 5 lengths of N gauge track, in preparation for Crymmych, but when it arrived I found I had ordered 009 track instead. Not worth changing it, as Pete, in the meantime bless his heart, had given us over 10 yards of N track.

Consequently I made use of a bit of 9mm ply that was spare from the Crymmych board. Braced it with 1 x 2 framework, and lo and behold, we have a 'Rabbit Warren' layout in the making!
The intention is not to spend money on it if at all possible, but use scraps of what we have available, so it may take a while to complete.

This is the basic layout:



The track was pinned and then glued in place with PVA and No-nails in places, I left it overnight for the glue to set, then started Modroc'ing (plaster bandage) to get some of the contours.
This was the state of play this morning:


 

I wired it up and tested various Teifi Gorge locos, and nearly all of them manage the inclines and tight curves very well. Peco couplings dont... so I need a rethink on carriages and wagons.
Most of the track is going to be hidden by mountains, and there will be seven tunnel mouths, which is why this type of layout is called a rabbit warren.
I'll show progress in a week or two. Got to get ready for tonights meet now.

ATB
Shaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment