2019... Seems a while since the last post, but things were interrupted by some sort of holiday that a lot of the country appeared to celebrate... all back to normal now thank goodness. (Bah humbug etc)
We have had a couple of meetings since my last post, but unfortunately I had forgotten to take my camera along, so updates on modelling will have to wait until next Tuesday when we meet at Colins.

Yesterday I popped along to Login to catch up with Pete Towns, our Society Treasurer, and he showed me two of his Lynton & Barnstable locos that had finally arrived from Hattons - it had only taken more than three years from the initial order to them being delivered.

Here are Exe and Taw:




And some further pictures showing some of the detail close-up. The pictures lack crispness I'm afraid, but I was using natural light, and it was late afternoon. I don't like using the built in flash, as it seems too bright...
Anyway, here are the front, back and internal pics:





The detail is truly amazing, when you consider that the doorway onto the footplate is barely an inch high.
Peter is currently clearing out the converted railway wagon that used to be the Cardi-Bach museum, and when he has sufficient room to move he will be building a L & B layout around the sides of the wagon. Watch this space - I'll be posting updates!

Other modelling stuff - I scratch built a mill building to fill a space on the St Dogmaels end of the Teifi Gorge layout:








Thats about it for the first post of the year.
More in a few days.

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda,
Shaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment