To quote Stephen Fry on QI, Good evening, Good evening, Good evening...
(thank god he's gone - Sandi Toksvig is much better)
Anyway, welcome to the 199th edition of the blog. Almost out of the lock-down situation now, and I took the opportunity of trekking up into the hills to visit Mike and Judith. Life goes on much the same up there - both keeping well and send their regards to fellow Chuffers.
Mike has decided to let his beard grow for the duration, and is now a Santa Claus look-alike.
Discretion forbade me from taking a picture...

On to the blog.
First news - Sale of Ty-Nant is now in the public domain - on all the Property Websites, and had my first viewing today, but not too optimistic. Going to be a few months, methinks



We'll stop in Ty-Nant for the next picture, as I had done a little bit of work to the new layout last week.
I think that I posted that I had plastered over the hillside to the left. Since then I have grassed it over, painted the cliff face and added a bit of hedging (scouring pad covered in flock stuff)







Still a bit more tittivating to do to it - bushes and trees and stuff - but as the lads are coming over next Tuesday, we will have something to do (apart from watching videos and scarfing chilli con carne, which I have yet to think about making. Going to be a Mexican night, I think.)


Pat sent me some pics of his 00 gauge heritage layout that his son Daniel took from interesting angles.
The resolution is not too good, as they were copied from computer images:







That's it from the modelling front - nothing from Pete in Login, as they have had a communication crash, with no telephone or internet for the best part of a week.



What I can do is update you on the Llechryd Bridge saga.
Ten days or maybe two weeks ago we had lots of rain...






and of course, the barrier was breached. Lots of debris, as usual, came down:






However, they told me that they had finished on the South side anyway, filling in the cracks and repointing. All they had to do was recover the barrier material and sandbags.

Which they did.






Recovering all the scaffolding supports and the plastic barrier material, they set up a diverting barrier and dam on the North side of the bridge:








Since then (that was ten o'clock this morning) they have put a further 'catching' barrier downstream of the sandbags, and have started pumping out the catchment area.
The three lads (whose company's name has slipped my mind at the moment)

 I just did a quick check - Its APEM - Europes leading Environmental and Marine Consultancy

Anyway, they went into the catchment area and captured all the fish, eels, lamphreys, crayfish etc and put them over into the running water.

They (the three lads, not the marine life) have now gone back to Manchester, after a nice break staying in Flambards... Nice work if you can get it. NRW must have one helluva budget...



And thats about it for this post - not all that exciting, I have to admit! We shall try and get a bit more together for the 200th report on the doings of the ChufferDuffers...

Thanks for reading,
Ta-ra,

Shaun.



No comments:

Post a Comment