Welcome to the first Chuffer blog of February - not a great deal of content, as lock-down is still in place, and showing no signs of letting up.

Being over 75, I was lucky to get my first vacination jab last Sunday. Nothing but praise for the staff manning the centre in Cardigan - smiling, polite and helpful. We really are a lucky nation to have our NHS. Just hope we can hold onto it.


Did you get last blogs castle? It was Llahaden, for those who aren't familiar with it. Out of Pembs for this posting, and into Carmarthenshire.


Not a lot on the modelling front, except for an excellent refurbishment by Patrick of an 0 gauge purchase - shown here as it was received:





After getting a good wash and brush-up, plus judicial application of various different paints, it was deemed good enough to be given a place on the 0 Gauge layout - 






Being a fairly rare tin-plate model, Pat has not tarted it up too much, trying to retain as much of the original as possible.



Back here at home in Pentrecagal (a cagal, by the way, is a Welsh word for a ball of dung that is often found hanging from a sheeps nether region... Not a lot of people know that. Or want to, really)

Anyway, I thought I would start on the stations for the re-vamped C-B Museum, starting with the easiest, Rhydowen:

 


 


Above is the original, and below are a couple of pictures of my effort. I've yet to add the crossing and gates, which might be on a separate strip of 3mm ply holding the rail connecting the next station (Llanfyrnach).

I've stuck in a cattle ramp - haven't seen any pictures of it, but one was there for a while.






I guess that's about all we can offer of this episode - just one more thing though. I picked up this book last week when I was doing my weekly stint in the Book-shop.

An excellent insight into the political goings on concerning the British railway system, and all the chicanery that went on (and is still going on) behind the scenes. I'll pass it on to Chuffers when I can.


(No marks for spotting the artists deliberate mistake on the cover illustration. Not really a mistake - it's artistic license to improve the picture...)

 


 


That's all we've got time for for this post...


Cheerio.

Shaun.


No comments:

Post a Comment