Supposed to be ChufferDuffers tomorrow, but as Pat is roaming around the barren and desolate wastes in the North of the Principality, and I'm spending the evening in a brewery we decided to miss this weeks meeting.

However...

Talking of the wet and wild North, I ventured up to Llyn Tegid yesterday to visit the Bala Gala, specifically the model railway exhibition where Pat and Mary were showing 'Gorsaf Maes Y Gof'.
Wet and wild was an understatement for the start of the day. The heavens opened soon after I got to Llanuwchllyn, where the Bala narrow gauge station is, and where the Festival of Transport was being held. Unfortunately the thunderstorm prevented me going around the field. I had to make do with taking a couple of pics of Quarry Hunslets - obviously copies of Colins models...






I made it to the school in Bala town where the model railway expo was being held, and the rain eased off long enough for me to leg it from the car park.

Pat and Mary's allocated patch was very handily situated in the large refreshment room, not far from the display of cakes...
I took a quick picture of the set-up while there was a break in spectators. Attendance picked up through the day, and Pat was kept quite busy operating and chatting to the public. Particularly the younger ones, as Pat had set up a challenge for children to find the list of animals that he had positioned around the maes.



Most of them were fairly easy to spot - at least, for the children - adults seemed to have a harder time... fading eyesight was the general excuse!
The hardest to find was the robin, so if you happen to see the layout at Llwyncelyn or at the National Woolen Mill later this year, here is a little cheat picture for you:



Thats it fro this week - I have got a couple of cameo shots, but I'll save them for another post

Diolch,

Shaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment